General Motors has tried to revive the classic muscle car feeling with the introduction of the sixth generation Chevy Camaro. Plenty of people were unhappy with the cartoonish aspects seen in the fifth generation model.
It toned down the visual aspect… and… kept some of the features while keeping the classic American muscle look alive and well.
The thrifty interior that you saw in the 2010-2015 Camaro’s are now gone. The 2016 design comes with better quality materials… and… has fewer seams to make the interior look more open.
The lowered dash board and console make the cockpit look much better for the 2016 Chevy Camaro. But there’s a few other reasons why you should grab this new Camaro. Here’s our review…
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Review
1) Smarter, Lighter, Faster, and Quieter
The new model is much smarter (in terms of technology), lighter in weight, faster in speed and much quieter than its predecessors. It’s revamped and works in pecking order, riding on the success of the Cadillac.
Here’s what you can expect:
- For the first time ever, there’s a power-to-weight ratio of 9.09 per horsepower. It’s never been this good before. In fact, the Ford Mustang gets a 8.51 PTW ratio. They’re very close competitors.
- For a car that used to be considered heavy and brutish, the Camaro now feels a lot more sophisticated.
2) Improved Interior Looks
Many magazines are raving over the redesigned Chevy Camaro cabin. It’s solid in build. Here’s what’s new:
- The interior materials feel and look better.
- You get new technology, such as an ambient lighting system… and… high-def color displays on the dashboard screen. Talk about futuristic!
3) Redesigned Dashboard
The dashboard has been designed, and for good reason. They gave it much more quality. It’s easy to use and intuitive with sharp graphics.
Here’s what’s included:
- 8-inch touchscreen that has the MyLink infotainment system.
- Android Auto or Apple Car Play.
4) Infotainment Architecture
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro’s screen quickness, easy-to-read and simple layout are miles ahead of the competition. You’ll love how responsive it is at every single touch! The Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration put the icing on the cake.
… and the Wi-Fi hotspot powered by 4G LTE definitely makes it steal the show.
5) Acceleration and Power
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is a very fast car. The base engine’s smooth and supplies tons of power.
- The vehicle’s 6-speed manual transmission is providing crisp and clean shifts
- When utilizing the paddle shifters, the 8-speed auto lets you bring the car to the red line
- The standard 4-cylinder2.0-liter turbocharged engine really packs a punch.
6) Braking and Handling
The braking and handling in the Chevrolet Camaro provides the kind of braking and handling that was once only used by high-end European sports sedans and coupes.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Agile handling in quick maneuvers, especially when weaving around corners.
- Feels firm and planted on the pavement around corners.
- Very little body dive, roll or squat.
7) Athletic Handling
Many customers have been raving over the athletic handling. It causes only slight body rolls when maneuvering around sharp corners.
Reviwers add that the steering is crisp and stable. The Brembo brakes (which you can opt in for) offer intense stopping power.
8) Cost Effective
You’ll love both the V6 and V8 engines. Many of our customers enjoy both because of their incredible power. You’ll get a driving experience similar to a European sports sedan… but at a cost much lower.
Imagine the look of an American muscle car… but the feel of a European sports sedan. You can’t get much better than that!
9) Driving Impressions
Make sure you handle this car with caution. Why? Well… it’s very fast. The high horsepower output on its lighter chassis makes this car very nimble. You’ll blow past the competition (but we don’t recommend that you race!).
The Chevy can easily blow past uneven roads, even if it doesn’t have an adjustable suspension. That doesn’t mean you should take it off roading though!
10) Reliability and Recalls
The 2016 Camaro is covered by a 60,000-mile/5-year powertrain warranty and a 3-year/36,000-mile comprehensive warranty. There’s been zero safety recalls from the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), so you won’t have to worry about any defects causing you trouble down the road.
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro does look similar to the old one, and its interior does have its shortcomings… but the mere fact that it’s faster, better looking and more agile makes it worth the buy.
They definitely delivered a mind-blowing response to Ford’s release of the new Mustang.
To keep it simple, the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is a way better bargain. Don’t be fooled by it looking like previous models… this package is MUCH better.
… and if you want to save over $500 on a pre-owned 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, then keep reading. Why? Well, at Direct Auto Mall we have one of these puppies on our lot. It’s ready to rock n’ roll, whenever you are.
But keep in mind… it will go quick. Visit one of the links below to book your test drive today.