If you love driving pickup trucks, then you must be shopping around for all the different types of makes and models.
While the Ford F-150 and Chevrolet Silverado are usually the top sellers… you still might want to consider the 2015 Ram 1500.
Why? Well… we’re going to tell you exactly why you should buy the 2015 Ram 1500…
Why Buy The 2015 Ram 1500?
When it comes to comparison shopping for pickup trucks, there’s a lot of features that you should consider. Just because one truck doesn’t have the same edgey look as another truck does not mean you should disqualify it completely.
But for the Ram 1500, you’ll find the design is quite rewarding…
The interior of the Dodge Ram 1500 is beautifully designed with enhanced comfort features. From the base trim all the way to the Laramie Limited… you will be riding in style. I’m talking real luxury.
The kind that will leave your passengers giving you all kinds of compliments. A well thought out interior is exactly what the 2015 Ram has to offer.
… but it gets even better. You see, in the higher end trims there’s genuine leather and tons of add-on entertainment features. It’s one of those trucks where there’s so many features that it will be mind-boggling at first.
But we think you’ll get used to it real fast. You might even be surprised with the amount of features that comes with the base model, such as:
- Uconnect 3.0 multimedia centre
- Media Hub with remote USB port and auxiliary input jack
- 3.5-inch Electronic Vehicle Information Centre
- 12-volt auxiliary power outlets
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Tilt steering column
- Power door locks and front windows with one-touch up/down
- Front heavy-duty vinyl 40/20/40 split bench seat
- Rear heavy-duty vinyl flip-up bench seat
- Behind-the-seat storage bin
- Front-seat centre armrest with three cup holders
- Rear in-floor storage
- Rear underseat storage bins
2. Test Score
According the IIHF, the Ram got a 4-star rating out of 5… but was able to score 5-stars in the impact crash test. Which means that it’s an incredibly safe vehicle to drive and will keep your family protected in the event of a collision.
3. Sport Trim
The sport trim is for those of you that want an eye-catching truck with insane engine performance. The sport trim comes with a 5.7 Hemi V8 and sport mesh seats (or leather-faced with ventilated inserts).
The panel is sleek and sporty… but it’s very practical to use. And if you like blaring your own tunes, then you’re in luck. The sport trim comes with a 115-volt auxiliary power outlet.
Plus… it has LED interior lighting to ensure that you won’t lose anything in the middle of the night.
4. Driver Info Center
Vehicle’s these days are taking it up a notch with advanced technology. The Ram 1500 is no exception. You’re guaranteed Bluetooth and SiriusXM capabilities in every Ram 1500 model.
… but what really matters is how accessible it is while you’re driving. After all, you don’t want to cause an accident while trying to switch the radio station, do you?
I didn’t think so. That’s why the Ram has loads of entertainment and safety features that are easy to reach, such:
- SiriusXM satellite radio with dozens of commercial-free channels. You can tune into high quality sound from Alpine audio systems, a CD player, USB connection… or… by streaming audio through Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth connectivity with multiple phones, contact syncing, voice-activated calling and even text messaging. It can also sync up to 1,000 entries from your Bluetooth’s phone address book.
- Intuitive, user-friendly navigation systems with turn-by-turn directions and available 3D displays make travel easy.
- It also lets you use your voice to select radio stations and SiriusXM satellite channels.
- Your radio, touchscreen and steering-wheel controls are designed to be easy to find and use. Like I said, it’s very accommodating. You can easily adjust your seat or cabin temperature and select music stations hands-free.
5. V8 Engine
You can find the 2015 Dodge Ram with either a V6 engine or V8. The larger 5.7L V8 engine is available in all trims. This 8-speed automatic transmission is controlled by a turning knob located in the center instrumental panel.
The 2015 Dodge Ram has an optional Auto-shift feature. This allows the Ram to judge the road conditions and automatically change from 2wd to 4wd without the driver needing to make the adjustments on their own.